This is a follow-up to Curious Snippets: English I Fancy… While cleaning out old keepsakes a found a few paper snippets describing the wonderfully colourful language that is English. Again, I cannot find the original Author and there are several version of this on the internet (some with up to 21 points)… Enjoy!
Why English is so hard to learn?.. it does appear to be very difficult for an awful lot of individuals… even the English… maybe this is why:
- The bandage was wound around the wound
- The farm was used to produce produce
- The dump was to full that it had to refuse more refuse
- We must polish the Polish furniture
- He could lead if he would get the lead out
- The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert
- Since there’s no time like the present, he thought is was time to present the present
- There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row
- I did not object to the object
- They were too close to the door to close it
- Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear
- How can I intimate this to my intimate friend
Let’s face it – English is a crazy language!
My Snippet Source: Unknown