aRtVerse: Art Science Nature
- Art using Mathematical Formula, Data Algorithms.
- Exploring the Science of Beauty, Symmetry, Simplicity.
- Designs inspired by Nature, Plants, Animals.
Best Selling Designs
The Design Process
In 2018 I started experimenting with mathematical formulas and data algorithms to generate art, specifically using code scripts created in the R programming language.
I have several featured posts describing the design process:
- Phyllotaxis: Maths creates Beauty & Symmetry in Nature
- Data Art: Impact Event Radioactive Inferno Asteroid
- Mandala Dragonfly Data Art & Free Mood Board
- Sunset Dreamcatcher Data Art & Free Mood Board
- Algorithmic Art: Flowers, Roses and Rhodonea Curves
See more of my designs on my aRtVerse Teepublic Store
- Artificial Intelligence
- Stylised typographic logos, slogans and word clouds relating to artificial intelligence (i.e., robotics & reinforcement learning)
- Code & Programming
- Designs containing actual coding from R and humorous typographic statements
- Data Science
- Stylised typographic logos, slogans and word clouds relating to data science
- Dream Catchers
- Various dream catchers constructed from data elements, such as cord diagrams, tree dendograms, Maurer roses and rose curves
- Geometric – Kaleidoscopes
- Various kaleidoscope designs constructed from data elements, such as harmonograms , Maurer roses, rose curves and phyllotactic spirals
- Geometric – Shapes and Spirals
- Various geometric shapes and spirals constructed from data elements, such as harmonograms and phyllotactic spirals
- Machine Learning
- Stylised typographic logos, slogans and word clouds relating to machine learning (an analytics technique of data science)
- Designs illustrating plants and animals constructed from data elements, such as bar charts, scatter plots, Maurer roses, rose curves and polygons
- Stylised typographic logos, slogans relating to science. Designs illustrating space scenes constructed from data elements, such as bar charts, scatter plots, Maurer roses and rose curves
- Warrior Women
- Stylised typographic logos and slogans relating to women empowerment. Feminine but fierce designs.
I have been a blogger since 2011. Collectively, my blogs have amassed nearly 200 articles (average 2000 words in length) along with over half a million page-views in total. Now I have decided that it is likely time to showcase my ideas and writing without an alias. This website and my store are a means of expression as a creative outlet for my ideas; sometimes of Science, often of Nature, maybe a bit of Art, but mostly I try to incorporate all three.
Over at the blog section; the articles will mostly be opinion pieces, and thus do not reflect the opinions of my current or former employers nor educational institutions. I will try to post consistently, maybe a bit less when life interferes and perhaps more if life permits.
I am formally educated in Molecular Biology with specialization in Genetics, Biotechnology and Microbiology (see Tanzelle Oberholster LinkedIn Profile). I write here to share my art, my research, my ideas and my writing. This is an ongoing experiment with no rigid expectations, with loads of flexibility and plenty of adjustments as I go.
Scientist | Writer | Artist | Pathfinder